The Sleeping Beauty
When it comes to your beauty routine, sleep may be the closest thing to a fountain of youth. Your body repairs itself and recovers while you snooze, and that leads to a long list of benefits for your looks.
From 7 to 9 quality hours each night is the key is to achieve a healthy and beautiful look.Slepp specialists say that if you’re getting fewer than 6 hours it’s very likely affecting your appearance. When you start adding 1 to 3 more hours per night of Zzz's you could see some improvement in just one day. If you keep it up for 2 to 3 weeks; people will notice that you’re sleeping better just by the way you look.
Therefore it is a strong interaction between how much we sleep and how we look like. Here are six beauty benefits of getting enough rest:
1.Fewer Wrinkles Skin makes new collagen when you sleep which prevents sagging. More collagen means that the skin will be plumper and less likely to wrinkle. Getting only 5 hours of sleep per night can lead to twice as many fine lines as sleeping 7 hours. It also leaves skin drier, making lines more visible.
2. A Glowing Complexion Your body boosts blood flow to the skin while you snooze, which means you will wake to a healthy glow. If you hold back on on sleep, your complexion can look dull, ashen, and lifeless.
3. Brighter, Less Puffy Eyes Chances are you’ve had dark circles or bags under your eyes after a night of too few Zzz’s. Puffy eyes are one of the first things we see when we don’t sleep. By getting enough shut-eye you'll have less puffiness under your eyes. Staying well-hydrated and elevating your head with an extra pillow at night might also help reducing swelling. Plenty of rest will minimize dark circles as when blood isn’t flowing well - which happens when you’re low on sleep - it can accumulate under the eyes and become visible, since the skin there is so thin.
4. Healthier, Fuller Hair Hair loss, breakage, damage, and even growth can all be affected by lack of sleep. Hair follicles (where hair growth begins) gain nutrients, vitamins, and minerals from blood flow. Since blood flow decreases when we’re short on sleeping hours, hair gets less food, it weakens, and it will face a difficulty growing. Lack of Zzz's can also lead to more stress which causes an increase in the hormone cortisol which can trigger hair loss.
5. Happier Appearance Being short on sleep can cause the corners of your mouth to droop, making you look sadder than you do after a good night’s rest. When you’re tired, your facial expressions change in subtle and consistent ways. We tend to furrow and frown more. When people say, ‘You look tired,’ it’s partially due to these expressions. Red, swollen eyes, dark circles, sagging eyelids, and paler skin can also signal to others that you’re exhausted. People who don't get enough rest are also seen as less healthy than when they’re rested.
6. Products Work Better Your skin can focus on repairing itself while you sleep, since it isn’t defending itself from sun and free radicals. Blood flow is also more consistent, and this helps your skin benefit from the flesh-repairing ingredients in your beauty products. Skin also loses more water when you sleep than it does during the day. Apply a oil free rich in active ingredients beauty product -like The Aqua Serum Elixir - before bed and drink plenty of water during the day to help your complexion stay hydrated overnight. Have a look on this old post to find out about the skin rhythms and The secret to a beautiful skin.
Therefore if you want to be gifted with flawless beauty [as in the fairy tales] repeat after me:
"One gift, beauty rare
Full of sunshine in her hair
Lips that shame the red red rose
She'll walk with Springtime
Wherever she goes"
(from Disney's Sleeping Beauty)
Like Sleeping Beauty make sure you get your beauty sleep. Once upon a dream ...