Cosy winter wishes
Updated: Jul 24
Are you feeling the cold blues? Winter blues are more likely to affect women than men and there's a reason for that.
As noted in earlier posts, everything in this planet has an energy, and all of them together might be contained in two big groups: Yang energies and Yin energies. Seasons can also be categorised by these groups. The energies ruling winter season are yin, and for so many women (mainly yin as well ) winter energies unbalanced their equilibrium due to the extra dose of yin energy that make them feel too cold, too passive, too indoors etc...
Whilst so many men feel naturally comfortable in winter, women struggle trying to get their balance back. The energy is dynamic force that we're constantly moving, changing, and shaping. Any action has a reaction, no matter if it's immediate or in a long term. We are living beings with a constant vibrational energy. Knowing how to shape our energy will better satisfy our changing needs.
These are 10 tips on lifestyle tailored for winter season in order to increase inner heat and activate your body, mind and soul. Wash away the blues and enjoy a cosy winter IN & OUT!
1. Use warm colours when dressing and when decorating your house to create a cosy atmosphere as well. Surround yourself by images with colours, landscapes and shapes which express warmth, cosiness, and light. Use warm colours as well on household linen, and avoid anything that make you feel cold.
2. Practice "the sun" meditation as much as you need. Give yourself sun baths for at least 10 minutes when possible
3. Listen music and DANCE, DANCE, DANCE like nobody was watching you! Feel the vibes you generate by dancing. Also practice active hobbies (with movement) and gather with others that share your hobbies. Chat, listen, express your feelings and open your heart.
4. Apply warm water compresses with marine salt at hara chakra (belly button) to activate your vital energy centre.
5. Exercise at least once a week, it will increase stamina and endorphins release, thus it will make you happier. Exercise can improve your appearance which can improve confidence, but there's more to it than that. Exercise can also help you feel more accomplished and social (if you work out at a gym), will make you sleep better, have more energy and de-stress you.
6. Go for a walk outdoors and get in contact with nature. Stop, have a look around you, connect with the sun, or the rain, with the sea, the trees around, get close and smell the flowers, breath deeply and filled your soul with all the energies that surround you.
7. Activate your mind by doing something new, try new things and make happy your brain!
8. LAUGH, LAUGH, LAUGH always!
9. Pamper yourself. Winter is the perfect time to have more baths, more massages, more pampering treatments. Rub your body with a ball of natural sisal fibres that provides a natural way to exfoliate effectively while improving skin tone and to activate bloodstream
10. Give to your house more deep cleaning, wash away old stuff, renew, reinvent...by doing this you're giving to yourself the same treatment. Wash away the old thoughts that are not valid any more in your life. Winter is time to sow, is time to plant the seeds of the new life you want to see arising in spring. Have a cuppa and enjoy it!
Next time I'll share with you tips and tricks about cooking methods and mouthwatering recipes that will indulge your palate and will warm up your heart!
Wishing you a magical week,